Views and Sprocs created before Tables

Topics: Database Publishing Wizard
Jan 16, 2007 at 5:51 PM
I am having an issue running against sql 2005 where views and sprocs are created before the dependent tables. The very same issue occurs when scripting with SQL Server Management Studio. I wonder if there is a common code base shared between the two or if there is some fundamental issue with my database?
Jan 16, 2007 at 6:43 PM
Hi nemoby -

You are correct, there is a common code base between the Database Publishing Wizard and SQL Server Management Studio. However, we have fixed the issue you mentioned for the current release.

For verification purposes, would you mind sending us the script you used to generate your database so we can test to make sure we have your scenario fixed? If so, send it to alexd@microsoft.com

Thanks,
alex
Jan 19, 2007 at 10:08 AM
Hi there. Great tool. I've been looking for something like this for a while. Well done.

I've had a similiar issue with View being created before tables that they depend on. This is just a Bump on the issue.

Izar
Jan 19, 2007 at 7:47 PM
These ordering issues should be fixed in the RTM version we released yesterday. We re-wrote how object ordering occurs. If you continue to have problems let us know.

Thanks,
alex