Property QuotedIdentifierStatus is not available for UserDefinedFunction

Topics: Database Publishing Wizard
Dec 27, 2006 at 5:32 PM
When running the DPW on my local SS2000 DB, I get the following error:

Property QuotedIdentifierStatus is not available for UserDefinedFunction 'dbo.FUNC_ABCD'. This property may not exist for this object, or may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.

At first I was using Windows authentication, but then used SQL Server authentication with the SA login - still with the same result. I then noticed that all the table-valued functions in our DB have this same message when looking at the function properties in Mgmt Studio, but the scalar-valued functions do not have this problem.

How do we get around this?

Thanks!
Brian Scarboro
Dec 27, 2006 at 8:28 PM
Hi Brian,

Can you let us what version of Sql Server Management Studio are you using?

Thanks
Himanshu
Jan 2, 2007 at 7:10 PM
Hi Brian

There was a bug in the RTM release of SQL Server Management Studio 2005 due to which scripting of table-valued user defined functions did not work. This bug was fixed in SP1 release. More details about this bug can be found on http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=126099.
There is still a related issue which is being fixed in the upcoming SP2 release of SQL Server 2005, however, that issue does not impact the Database Publishing Wizard.

We suspect that you are running into the issue which was fixed in SP1 release. Can you please try using the SP1 version of SQL Server Management Studio and let us know if you still get this error? You can download SP1 bits from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cb6c71ea-d649-47ff-9176-e7cac58fd4bc&DisplayLang=en

Thanks
Himanshu
Jan 12, 2007 at 8:05 AM
with SP1 I still get this error. DB server is sql 2000. How to work around this?
Jan 15, 2007 at 7:50 PM
Hi

Can you send the T-SQL you used for creating the user defined function for which you are running into this error? Also, can you open SQL Server Management Studio and click on help->About and then on copy info button on that dialog and send me the information at himanshu@microsoft.com

Thanks
Himanshu