SSE Provider/ Trust Level

Topics: Database Publishing Wizard, Using SQL Server in Hosted Environments
Nov 29, 2007 at 9:29 PM
Hello,

I have managed to succesfully run the script generated by the Database Publishing Wizard and changed the connection string in the web.config file to connect to the target database. However, when I try to use the login control or create user control I get the following error message:

"The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file."

Does anyone know what could be the causing this error and is there any way to fix it?

Suzanne Hernandez

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM
I think I've found the answer to this error. although I'm not 100% sure. The name of the connection string in the web.config file must be named "LocalSqlServer". In my web.config file I have something like this:
<remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Server=ServerName;Database=DatabaseName;User ID=YourID;Password=YourPwd;Trusted_Connection=False;" ProviderName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

The login controls etc are working really well now.

Suzanne

SuzanneHer wrote:
Hello,

I have managed to succesfully run the script generated by the Database Publishing Wizard and changed the connection string in the web.config file to connect to the target database. However, when I try to use the login control or create user control I get the following error message:

"The SSE Provider did not find the database file specified in the connection string. At the configured trust level (below High trust level), the SSE provider can not automatically create the database file."

Does anyone know what could be the causing this error and is there any way to fix it?

Suzanne Hernandez