Cannot Create SQL Script From Database

Topics: Database Publishing Wizard, Hoster Discussion, Using SQL Server in Hosted Environments
Jun 5, 2007 at 4:50 AM
Has anyone else had this error/warning: "There are no objects in database 'C:\Documents and Settings\HPAdministrator.GIDEON\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\test-personal\AppData\CovalenceSQLDatabase.mdf' of the types scriptable by this wizard". If so what causes it and how can I fix it or find a work around? The database I am trying to create the sql file for is for a AJAX enabled website. Any suggestions?

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:10 PM
- try another location of the .mdf file (e.g. C:\Databases\CovalenceSQLDatabase.mdf)
- check if the Wizard has NTFS rights on the .mdf file
- check if the rights in the database are correctly configured
Jun 18, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Edited Jun 18, 2007 at 7:12 PM
Can you let me know what type of objects do you have in your database? The Database Publishing Wizard gives this error when none of the objects in the database are supported by it.

The object types which are supported by the Wizard are listed on http://www.codeplex.com/sqlhost/Wiki/View.aspx?title=DPW%20Support%20Matrix&referringTitle=Database%20Publishing%20Wizard.

Thanks
Himanshu
Mar 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM

trueknight2007 wrote:
Has anyone else had this error/warning: "There are no objects in database 'C:\Documents and Settings\HPAdministrator.GIDEON\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\WebSites\test-personal\AppData\CovalenceSQLDatabase.mdf' of the types scriptable by this wizard". If so what causes it and how can I fix it or find a work around? The database I am trying to create the sql file for is for a AJAX enabled website. Any suggestions?

I had this problem. I noticed my path was 131 characters long (just over one of those "powers of two" magic numbers (128 in this case)) and copied the mdf file to a shorter path, ran C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Publishing\1.2\SqlPubWiz.exe independent of Visual Studio, and was quite successful with it. My guess is that it only allows for a 128 character path in all.
Jan 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Thanks, that saved me a lot of head scratching.